As I continue to read through a recently purchased lot of 90s Star Wars magazines, I can’t help but share some of the weird/cool/ridiculous stuff I come across. Issue 9 of Galaxy has a big Shadows of the Empire focus, which is not terribly surprising considering the time of its publication (Fall 1996).Continue reading
I recently purchased a lot of random Star Wars magazines, and included were a few issues of Galaxy, a magazine that was totally new to me. Published by Topps (the trading card company), Galaxy came in at the tail end of the 90s comic book boom, and ran for 13 issues from 1994 to 1997. The magazine differentiates itself from Insider by having less of a focus on the films and more on the EU and collecting.
Let’s take a look at issue 3!Continue reading
Friend of the show Dave Hackerson (@NorskAkiruno) joins us from Japan to discuss Bad Batch episodes 2 and 3, “Cut and Run” and “Replacements.”
Big episode this week touching on Hasbro news, Galaxy’s Edge updates, and new Star Wars Day content on Disney+. We conclude the show with first reactions to The Bad Batch.
- Hasbro Toys to Get More Expensive as Costs Surge
- How Disney Cruise Line’s “Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge” Will Take Fans Around the Galaxy
- “You Are Truly On Board a Ship”: Inside Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
- Disney+ to Celebrate Star Wars Day with Fan Art Takeover
- Fan First Tuesday – Star Wars Day Recap
This episode we tackle all of the recent Star Wars toys, comics, and stamps news before responding to a message about the Gendy Clone Wars from friend of the show @NorskAkiruno.
- Clone Wars Black Series Figures Announced for Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary Line
- Hasbro Fan Fest Star Wars Reveals
- New Bad Batch Poster and Emoji
- Droid-Themed Star Wars Stamps Releasing for May the 4th
- War of the Bounty Hunters kicks off May 5th
- Connecting Covers
Brandon from the excellent Talking Bay 94 podcast joins us to celebrate the Clone Wars Micro-Series’s arrival on Disney+. We talk about the history of the show, our appreciation for the vision and aesthetic of the series, and favorite moments from both volumes. Plus we hatch a plan to develop Himbo Kit Fisto cosplay for Celebration 2022.
- Talking Bay 94
- Star Wars – Clone Wars – Bridging the Saga
- Jedi Business Tartakovsky Clone Wars Toys Page
- Gentle Giant Scout Trooper (Ewok Attack)
After taking a week off, we catch up on all of the recent Star Wars news including the Kenobi cast announcement, Bad Batch trailer, Vintage Star Wars on Disney+, and books and games announcements.
- Obi-Wan Series to Begin Production in April, Cast Revealed
- Bad Batch Trailer Released
- The Odyssey of Star Wars: An Epic Poem Revealed
- The Star Wars Vintage Collection Has Arrived on Disney+!
- The Ultimate Lego Star Wars Game Has Been Delayed Again, Indefinitely, And That’s Ok
- Republic Commando is getting a physical release from Limited Run Games
This week’s episode opens with a look at the recently announced legacy content coming to Disney+, new Black Series figures, and Marvel’s contributions to Pride Month. We then spend the rest of the episode discussing Attack of the Clone’s deleted scenes and reveal our lack of Sifo Dyas expertise.
- Ewoks TV Movies, Boba Fett Holiday Special Debut Finally Coming to Disney+
- Fan Favorites from Classic Star Wars Stories Come to Hasbro’s Black Series
- Marvel Celebrates Sana Starros and More in Star Wars Pride Month Comics Covers this June
- Marvel Comics to Release LGBTQ+ Anthology, Variant Covers for Pride
We return after a week off to catch up on Disney+ news, Mandalorian books being canceled, a few insights into the process of making the sequel trilogy, and a quick High Republic comics update.
- Disney+ Tops 100 Million Subscribers, Targeting 100+ New Titles Per Year
- Disney’s CEO Addresses Gina Carano Firing and Offers Confidence in Kathleen Kennedy
- Adam Christopher Del Rey Mandalorian Novel Canceled
- DK Mandalorian Ultimate Visual Guide Canceled
- Rian Johnson On If Ben’s Outcome Was Decided While Making TLJ
- Joonas Suotamo on TROS Chewbacca Torture Scene
Much Star Wars video game talk on this episode as we cover the Republic Commando and Star Wars Pinball VR announcements as well as Ryan’s decision to buy a $5 copy of The New Droid Army for Game Boy Advance. We also talk the Bad Batch and respond to a great listener message on the tempation of the dark side in The High Republic.
- The Bad Batch Will Come To Disney+ on May the 4th
- The Classic Republic Commando Blasts onto Playstation and Nintendo Switch
- Star Wars Pinball VR Coming April 29th
- Star Wars Pinball Trailer